Explanation

I will be adding thoughts as they come to me in no apparent order. The actual time line of events is as follows. Papua New Guinea 1965-1975, Australia 1975-1999, China 1999-2005, Indonesia 2005-present. I will probably also include some ramblings from various vacations around the world. I started this blog because I thought it was about time I tried collecting my thoughts in one place.

Monday, July 19, 2010

THIS IS CHINA #1: FEB 2000 "NAMES"

Halfway through my first year at Suzhou, I came back from the Chinese New Year break to find that my class had increased slightly. When I arrived school I found that I now had 14 new students!!!! I rushed around finding extra books and chairs etc. Another little problem I had was that it took a while for me to find out the correct names of my children. For eg. On Wednesday I was told that my two new Korean boys in K3 were named Di Yong and Di Hyong. The next day I found out they were actually called Ji Yong and Ji Hyong. OK so I changed all of the name tags and book labels! Well on Friday they became Jae Yong and Jae Hyong, and this week they are Jae Young and Jae Hyeong...
Oh Well, THIS IS CHINA!

No comments:

Post a Comment